Recently I have had the pleasure of finding a new winter coat for my baby girl. I say baby but she is actually now 18 months and a full on toddler, I just don’t like that they grow up so fast. Luckily, for now anyway she trusts my fashion expertise and is not too fussy about what I pick. Shopping for little girls is always a challenge as there is so much choice but once you get past how cute everything looks and cut out the unpracticals you are on your way to success.
Now if my budget allowed me to I would have a few coats;
- The puffa for nursery that is ok to get a bit dirty, warm enough for outdoor play, doesn’t suffocate them on the school run and rainproof for the odd shower
- The fur coat, obviously this is not waterproof so we’d go back to option 1 but just looks so cute and stylish
- The classic coat as every little fashionista in the making needs a classic coat whether it’s statement red or something with a touch of military
- The mac with a hood, for those really rainy days and spashing in puddles with wellies on
- The coatigan with a hood, great for layering and for longer car journeys so they feel snug and secure
After much deliberation I could not justify (to my husband, my inner style will always understand) buying 5 or maybe even more winter coats for my little angel and opted with the first three options. She does already have a rain mac and a hooded chunky knit so looks like we do have all five options! Here are some of the treasures I found along the way and this is before the Christmas collections have even hit stores…could this be another category??
Mini Boden, Gap and Zara all also have some great cosy chuny knits perfect for a run around in the garden. Baker Baby and Monsoon have also created another one for the must have list…the poncho. Maybe I can add that to the Christmas list!