Adding some sparkle to this dull Monday I thought I would get right into the party spirit and pick out a party outfit from John Lewis. We are officially in the party season now and it is definitely time to start picking outfits ♥
For this outfit I have gone for separates rather than a statement dress, this is a great outfit that can be dressed down easily for work and then you can add a few details at your desk ready to party all night! Black is a great colour that suits everyone and is so easy to wear. You can dress black up by wearing textured pieces and of course sparkle, in the Winter I am obsessed with lace, fringing and feathers so have used all three of these for my perfect party outfit ♥
- Reiss Lace Top, £110 – lace is so feminine, sexy and sophisticated. This top is easy to wear with skinny jeans or trousers in the day and then simply add a statement skirt and killer heels for a party look. It is a trendy piece for this season with the semi-sheer detailing.
- Ted Baker Sequin Mini, £139 – if this isn’t the season to sparkle then when is! If you think a full on embellished dress is a bit too much then this skirt is the perfect alternative. Again, you can dress this down a tad with a plain t-shirt, tights and ankle boots. I love this elegant but not too much pewter tone which will glisten in the party lights.
- Feathered Cape, £104 – this is more of a statement piece but it is amazing how warm feathers can be, birds don’t wear clothes after all! This gives the perfect touch of glamour to any outfit this party season.
- Pony Skin fringed clutch, £89 – I absolutely love this textured clutch, ponyskin and fringing! This gives a whole new meaning to all black everything. One word…statement ♥
- Carvela Cut-out Detail Shoes, £130 – oh these shoes though! Studs, a killer heel and a classic colour, need I say more?
- Chanel Rouge Lipstick, £22.50 – a red pout for a night out is super sexy and a matte lipstick gives it that super staying power.
- Cord Weave Necklace, £20 – I love this necklace, it is understated yet gives that finishing touch to a simple round neck top for that effortless elegance ♥
What are your favourite party looks? Comment below and let me know. You don’t want to miss the next article! Sign up to Secret Style File (top right) to get articles, reviews and news sent straight to your inbox in true fashionista style. If you’re a total socialite then follow me on twitter and Facebook as well (still top right) Don’t forget to check the ‘Offers’ page for the latest discount codes ❤
Please vote for me in the National UK Blog Awards I am in TWO categories so you can vote twice, but only twice. All you have to do is enter your name and email (you will not get spammed this is just to ensure I am getting real votes) Please use these two links for each category.
Voting closes on the 1st of December so please please get your votes in before then ♥